Muffins….one of my go to snacks that are super easy to make as it simply involves blending pretty much all of the ingredients and then baking…..voila!
I think most of you will relate to me in saying that the almond butter (or any nut butter in-fact) addiction is real! I love it on rice cakes, on toast, on crumpets, out the jar….! So i decided it can only taste good in muffins and believe me it does.
At only 120 calories per muffin and 7g of protein they not only taste good but pack protein. They would make a great breakfast muffin, pre and post workout snack or dessert. They can be gluten free if gluten free oats are used and are free from refined sugar. So here goes the recipe guys…
- 145g Oats
- 135ml Unsweetend Almond Milk
- 4tsp of low cal fruit syrup (maple syrup or honey could also be used)
- 2 eggs
- 10g Cacao Powder
- 1½ tsps vanilla extract
- 30g Vanilla Whey
- 70g Almond butter (20g for topping and the rest is added to the mixture)
- 8g Desiccated Coconut for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180oc
- Blend together all the ingredients except the oats, coconut and 20g of the almond butter in a food processor/ nutribullet. The Protein is optional but i like adding it into my baking.
- Add the creamy mixture into a mixing bowl and stir in the oats.
- Line a muffin tray with cases or grease with coconut oil. Split the mixture between the 12 muffin cases.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and risen.
- Take out the oven and allow to cool slightly before topping with the remainder of the almond butter and coconut then enjoy!
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!