The easiest breakfast you’ll ever make has to be Overnight Oats and yet its probably my favourite way to enjoy oats in the morning. This Apple and Cinnamon Overnight Oat Recipe is Vegan, Gluten free and Super High in Protein!!
I’m going to keep this one really quick as lets be honest you are just here for the recipe and I don’t blame you! Overnight Oats is definitely one of my favourite breakfasts to enjoy in the morning….. probably because its sitting in the fridge waiting for me the second I get up!
I’ve got an apple tree in my garden and I appear to be getting tons of apples right now. So I’m using them in just about everything! Within the oats I added an apple puree which I made by simply boiling some apples with a bit of water and zero sugar and then I also added some caramelised apples on top.
In order to make this a perfectly balanced breakfast I added walnuts on top for a dose of healthy fats, along with some chia seeds and flaxseeds. The protein comes from added protein powder as well as the nuts and seeds! The carbs of course comes from the oats and apples.
I get my chia seeds, flaxseed and protein powder from Myprotein My code CLEANLEAN gets you 37% off!
Heres the recipe:
- 50g Gluten Free Oats
- Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 25g Protein Powder (I used Myprotein Cereal Milk flavour whey but sub with any flavour or vegan protein of your choice)
- Tbsp Flaxseeds
- 50g Apple Puree
- 150-200ml of Almond Milk or Water until desired consistency
- Tsp Cinnamon
- Handful of Chopped Apple
- Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Handful of chopped walnuts
- Mix together all the ingredients expect those for the toppings. The amount of milk added can vary and I tend to just keep adding until everything is well combined but the mixture is still quite thick (you can always add a bit more milk in the morning if its too thick).
- Place in the fridge overnight
- In the morning in a small pan fry the apples with the maple syrup for a few minutes until golden
- Place the apple mixture over the oats, sprinkle with the walnuts and extra cinnamon
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!