Made with no flour, oil or sugar, these Banana Oat and Greek Yogurt Muffins make for a perfectly healthy breakfast or snack!
These little muffins aren’t your average muffins… mostly because they’re made without flour or oil and are less than 100 calories. Instead of flour I used oats to give them shape and yogurt to keep them moist and add a little Protein. As you all know your gal likes Protein 😉
The result of this oat and yoghurt combo is a muffin that’s a little on the denser side in comparison to standard muffin, yet still incredibly soft and pillowy. Theres also the addition of a little chocolate, as lets be honest everyone wants a bit of chocolate for breakfast. Along with the fact that banana and chocolate is just the best combo.
You could of course replace the chocolate with something like blueberries or walnuts.
Top tip: top these muffins with chocolate spread for some added yummyness 😛
- 220g (1 cup) plain Greek yogurt (use 0% or 2% fat)
- 2 medium ripe bananas (200 g or 1 cup mashed)
- 2 medium eggs
- 120g (2 cups) rolled oats
- 25g (1/4 cup) coconut sugar (can use brown sugar)
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 25g (1/4 cup) cacao nibs (or chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 200oc and prepare a muffin tray by spraying or by using silicone cases
- Add all the ingredients except for the cacao nibs to a blender or food processor and process on high until the oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in cacao nibs
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tray, filling each cavity until it is about ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for around 10 minutes before removing.
- Store in an air-tight container in the firidge for up to a week.