Im back to the chocolatey recipes guys!! This time it’s Muffins! Not just any Muffins either…… each one of these Muffins are only 60 calories and contain around 6g Protein!
With some of my previous muffin recipes I’ve struggled to get squidgy moist muffins and using whey protein in them has often made them dry. However after a few attempts I’ve finally cracked it!
Adding banana to these muffins is definetly the key to making them moist. This recipe is gluten free and refined sugar free along with being super low in calories. One of my favourite ways to enjoy them is to warm one slightly and top with a dollop of peanut butter, yummy!
I have to say I very rarely only have one. I find two of these topped with peanut butter makes a great preworkout or post workout snack.
See below for this scrummy recipe…..
- 35g Whey Protein (vanilla or chocolate)
- 10g Coconut Flour
- 15g Peanut Flour
- 8g Cacao Powder
- 4g Cocoa Powder
- Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 banana (around 100g)
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Egg Whites
- 85ml Almond Milk
- Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 180oc
- Lightly grease a muffin tray
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, roughly mash your banana (lumpy banana makes the best batter) Add your egg, egg white, almond milk and vanilla extract and whisk together.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine until a doughy texture is formed
- Fill your muffin tray with the mixture
- Bake for around 12 minutes
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!