cheap sunglasses lyrics Tasting great and and bringing a vibrant purple to your plate, these beetroot & feta burgers will make the perfect lunch or dinner. A quick and easy recipe for a hearty veggie burger with a perfect bite!
What do you do when you get a snow day off work and have time to make a tasty lunch…you make a good burger! Apologies for the second beetroot recipe in a row but as I said in my last recipe, I ended up with a lot of beetroot from the local market! To me beetroot is also one of the tastiest vegetables and I love the bright colour it adds to a dish. Not to mention that beetroot has been linked to better stamina, improved blood flood and lower blood pressure. Whats not to love?!
I promise this recipe is so easy to make, you simply combine all the ingredients, form into a burger and oven cook. I topped mine with a quark and cucumber dip (tbsp of quark, 30g chopped cucumber, squeeze lime and chopped mint). You could also top with a yummy guacamole dip or a simple helping of mayo. Let me know what you guys try in the comments below!
Now for the recipe…
- 3 beetroots grated (I used cooked but you could use raw beetroot)
- ½ an onion grated
- 1 garlic clove
- 50g oats
- 1 egg
- 75g Feta
- A handful of fresh mint
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Mixed lettuce
- Salt and Pepper
- Put the grated beetroot, onion, garlic and oats into a bowl and mix
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg and also add to the mixture along with the feta and chopped mint. Season with salt and pepper and place in the fridge for 15-30 minutes to allow the oats to soak up some moisture
- Preheat the oven to 180oc/350f/ Gas Mark 4 and line and baking tray
- Using your hands create four burgers from the mixture and place on the lined tray.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes
- Serve the burgers with chopped tomatoes and lettuce. I enjoyed mine in a multi grain bun but you could use a mushroom bun or simply add to a salad!