This super simple 2 ingredient Blueberry and Orange Chia Pudding is made with chia seeds and a protein shake of your choice then layered with yoghurt, cereal and fruit; it’s a healthy breakfast loaded with protein, fibre and healthy fats!
Every time I make Chia Pudding I wonder why I don’t have it more often! Its such a simple breakfast packed with so much goodness. Why is it good? well its…..
- High in fibre – good for blood sugar control, cholesterol levels and gut health
- High in protein – good for building lean muscle
- Contains healthy fats – good for helping you feel satiated
For this recipe I mixed mine with a Barebells strawberry protein shake for some added protein, but you could sub this for any milk of your choice and a bit of sweetener. You simply combine the two together and let it set for at least 30 minutes or overnight if you find that easier. Chia Pudding stores in the fridge for a week so you could easily make up a batch of this on a Sunday for breakfast throughout the week.
I layered the chia pudding with oranges, blueberries, raspberries, yoghurt and puffed buckwheat for a perfectly balanced breakfast (25g Protein and 31g Carbs). You could of course layer with anything of your choosing…. granola, banana, peanut butter, seeds.. the options are endless!
Heres the recipe:
- 2 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 50ml Strawberry Protein Shake (sub with almond milk and sweetener)
- 130g (1 cup) of greek yoghurt
- 10g (1 cup) Puffed Buckwheat
- Handful of Blueberries and Raspberries
- 1 small orange
- Combine the chia seeds and protein shake together and leave in the fridge for at least 30 mins until the mixture has thickened
- Once the chia pudding is ready simply layer with all of the other ingredients in a jar
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!