A protein cookie that isn’t dry, will leave you reaching for another and is acceptable for breakfast?! You got it…these high protein, gluten and grain free cookies are ones you definitely want to try!
I have had mixed experience of making protein cookies and I sometimes find they just come out too dry, so when I made these up and tasted them I pretty much jumped for joy! This could well be due to the amount of peanut butter I added, but surprisingly each little cookie is only 130 calories and contains 8g Protein. Unlike most healthy cookie recipes this one doesn’t use oats as the main ingredient and therefore they are also low in carbohydrates.
They are made with simple ingredients and these cookies are actually filling. Probably because they have healthy fats in them, fibre, they’re low in sugar and due to the high protein in them. Protein is after all the most satiating macronutrient.
If your after that perfect midmorning or late afternoon snack then these are the ones for you!
See below for the recipe….
- 55g (1/2 cup) creamy peanut butter (or your preferred creamy nut butter)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon liquid coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Scoop of Cookies and Cream Protein Powder (or any flavour!)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (around 15g)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons organic blueberries (washed and dried)
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Mix together the egg, coconut oil, almond milk, and nut butter in a bowl
- In another both, mix together the protein powder, coconut flour and baking powder
- Add dry ingredients to wet then mix well
- Fold in the blueberries and chocolate chips then form into cookies and line on tray
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and enjoy!