Whats great about Protein Doughnuts/ Donuts: They are high in protein, low in calorie and are super easy to make! Not to mention they look good of course 🙂
I love any kind of recipe that involves one bowl and this recipe involves just that! I used a doughnut maker to make these which makes them even easier but you could use a silicone mould and then bake them in the oven.
Each little doughnut is only 40 calories, which means you have a good excuse to eat at least 3 at once!! I certainly do! Each one also contains 3g Protein meaning with 3 you’d get nearly 10g Protein. I love to have a few of these as a mid morning snack post-workout.
In order to make these high protein, I used some protein powder in the mix as well as egg, egg whites and natural yoghurt. If you’d prefer not to use protein powder you could however add in extra flour instead.
For the topping of these doughnuts I made a little glaze using yoghurt, sugar free syrup and coconut oil. A great healthy glaze you could also use for buns or other desserts that is much lower in sugar than your standard glaze.
Heres the recipe to try out..
- FOR THE DOUGHNUT
- Scoop of Protein Whey (I used vanilla)
- 20g (1/2 cup) of Coconut Flour
- 15g (1/4 cup) Cornstarch
- Tsp Baking Powder
- Tsp Zero calorie sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Egg Whites
- 3 Tbsp Natural Yoghurt
- FOR THE GLAZE
- Tbsp Sugar free syrup
- Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsps Natural Yoghurt
- Handful of Blueberries
- Preheat your doughnut maker
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined
- Add in the remaining wet ingredients one at a time mixing well as you go until a thick smooth batter is formed
- Pour the batter into your doughnut mould and cook according to the doughnut maker instructions
- Meanwhile make the glaze by combining the melted coconut oil with the yoghurt, syrup and blueberries and blitz in a blender
- Once the doughnuts are out and have cooled, dip each one in the glaze and top with any other toppings such as more blueberries, desiccated coconut, cacao nibs
- Store in the fridge for up to a week
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!