Who doesn’t love a bit of banana bread and equally who doesn’t love how easy it is to make?! This banana bread is the perfect moist and soft texture packed with chunks of caramel cashew bar. Its full of protein, low in sugar as well as being gluten free.
Banana bread is one of those bakes you just can’t go too wrong with, which is definetly one of the reasons I love making it so much. I’ve made a few….. Salted Caramel Banana Bread , Chocolate Nutty Banana Bread with this one the best bit has to be the chunks of caramel cashew Protein bar. This is however optional and you could use any protein bar you have or simply chop up some chocolate.
In one slice alone theres 9g of Protein and only 100 calories making it the perfect afternoon pick me up or as a little pre-workout snack. I like to have mine with a layer of peanut butter on before my early morning gym workout. It contains the perfect balance of protein and carbs that will give you a good energy boost and support you in your workout but without feeling too heavy.
When it comes to baking I’m all about convienience and I’m a big fan of simple one bowl recipes that you just chuck in the oven. I’m also a big fan of recipes that don’t require too many ingredients and this recipe fits the bill perfectly.
The key ingredients you’ll need include:
- Maple Syrup
- Cacao Powder
- Oat Flour (ground oats)
- Chocolate Protein Powder
- Protein Bar or Chocolate
- 80g (1 cup) oat flour
- 1 scoop chocolate Protein Powder (I used Missfits Nutrition)
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 large ripe bananas
- ⅓ tsp bicarb
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Protein Bar Chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mash the bananas with the back of a fork
- Add the eggs to the mixture one by one and mix these until fully incorporated along with the maple syrup.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix to form a smooth batter.
- Stir through the protein bar chunks, then transfer your cake mixture into the loaf tin, then bake in the oven for around 30 minutes.
- Once your loaf is ready, allow to cool completely then serve with your favourite toppings!
If you want to try out the Chocolate Protein Whey I used, I’d highly recommend https://missfitsnutrition.com You can also use Code ‘Vicky5’ to get £5 off your first order with them 🙂 If you have any questions just pop them in the comments below.
Enjoy Vicky xx
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!