Carrot Cake Protein Cookies; all the delicious spicy flavours of a carrot cake, but in the convenient, portable size of a cookie! Make into a cookie sandwich and you’ve got one delicious healthy Autumn Snack! They are gluten free, vegan and high in protein!
When I’m not eating a chocolatey snack then its most likely a carrot cake based snack! I’ve got a few carrot cake based recipes; Healthy Protein-Packed Carrot Cake and Healthy Sweet Potato Carrot Cake are a couple of my favourites but I hadn’t yet made a carrot cake cookie…until now!
In each cookie your going to get a bunch of Vitamin A, Antioxidants, Fibre and Protein. Without the unhealthy fats and refined sugar you get in most shop bought cookies.
Like most of my recipes they are also super easy to make and can be whipped up in less than 5 minutes with only 12 minutes baking time. I sandwiched mine with some vanilla yoghurt but you could also use a cream cheese frosting.
Heres the recipe:
- 160g (2 cups) oats
- 30g (1/2 cup) vegan protein powder (I used Vanilla)
- 45g (1/4 cup) buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 40g (1/2 cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 40g (1/2 cup) sticky sweetener (I used a low calories light syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g (1 cup) carrots, shredded
- 2 Tbsp mixed seeds
- Preheat the oven to 170o and grease or line with parchment paper an oven tray .
- Grate the carrots. You will need 1-2 large carrots
- In a large bowl, add the oats, protein powder, buckwheat flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda. Stir or whisk to combine.
- Add to the bowl the applesauce, sticky sweetener and vanilla extract. Stir well until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the shredded carrots and seed mix.
- Take a Tbsp of batter and roll into a ball. Place the ball onto the cookie sheet and press down. The dough is a little sticky, so if you wet your hands it will help keep the dough from sticking to them.
- Bake for 10 min. or until the center of the cookie is slightly springy to the touch and the dough is no longer sticky.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly (about 10 min.) and then transfer them to a wire rack to continue cooling...or just go ahead and eat them!
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!