Two vegetables that have taken over the food blogging world?! You’ll probably think of courgette (zucchini) and Cauliflower. Rightly so as these two vegetables work in just about anything and they certainly work together in this delicious gluten free pizza base which is only 260 calories and contains 26g Protein in the base alone!
I’m a big fan of a cauliflower pizza and they’ve become one of my weekly staples. You can check out my cauliflower pizza here —> Cauliflower Pizza. However, I decided to revamp the recipe and not only use cauliflower for the base but courgette as well. As surely two veg is better than one right?!
The key to this crust turning out well is making sure you squeeze out every last drop of water from the vegetables that you can. I used a towel and wrung it until my hands could not wring any more!
- 250g Cauliflower
- 80g Courgette
- 1 Egg
- 4 Tbsp egg whites
- 30g Buckwheat flour
- 2 tsps Tamari
- 2 tsps mixed Italian herbs
- Passata or tomato puree (to add to the base)
- Preheat the oven to 180oc
- Blitz the cauliflower in a blender
- Once blitzed put the cauliflower rice in a tea towel and wring throughly to get rid of the excess water
- Grate the courgette and wring out the water in the same way as the cauliflower
- Place the cauliflower and courgette in a bowl and combine with all the other ingredients except the tomato puree
- Shape the dough into a pizza on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes
- Take out the oven, smooth some passata or tomato puree on the base and top with your favourite pizza toppings (I topped mine with asparagus, peppers, rocket, mushrooms, mozzarella and goats pepper)
- Place back in the oven for 10 minutes