Who doesn’t love pizza right?! However the high calories and fat found in supermarket pizzas isn’t the healthiest or macro friendly. This recipe however is exactly that!
I first discovered cauliflower pizza base when I bought Deliciously Ella’s first recipe book which featured this recipe. However I’ve gradually changed and adapted it to one with slightly fewer carbs and higher in Protein.
Using only 5 ingredients this recipe is so simple and to me tastes just as good as a regular pizza just slightly different texture. But when your putting lots of healthy ingredients into your body it’s worth it right ? The perfect Friday night ‘fakeaway’ ?
N.B the recipe and macros below is just for the base….
- 350g Cauliflower
- 1 Egg
- 4 Tbsp egg whites
- 40g Buckwheat flour
- 2 tsps Tamari
- 2 tsps mixed Italian herbs
- Preheat the oven to 180oc
- Blitz the cauliflower in a blender
- Once blitzed put the cauliflower rice in a tea towel and wring throughly to get rid of the excess water
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl and combine with all the other ingredients
- Shape the dough into a pizza on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes
- Take out the oven and top with your favourite pizza toppings (I topped mine with tuna, asparagus, olives, spinach, mushrooms, mozzarella and goats cheese)
- Place back in the oven for 10 minutes
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!