This apple pie baked oats recipe is so easy to make, you just need to mix all the ingredients in a bowl, place in a baking dish and bake until golden brown. Its a perfectly balanced breakfast that will keep you satisfied until lunch!
Having oatmeal for breakfast is such a great way to start your day with energy and happiness. I often have a huge smoothie first thing in the morning, but if I fancy a change then oats is pretty much always my second choice. I also make it when I want something sweet, warm, and comforting. I find theres something even more comforting (as well as more tasty) about baked oats.
Until now I had actually never tried adding apple to oats as I usually just go with adding berries but after seeing this a few times on Pinterest I decided to give it a go…..I can now see why people do it! Particularly when baked, the apple adds a soft slightly tangy crunch amongst the sweet oatmeal and when seasoned with cinnamon and chai spice you can’t go wrong.
I actually used a chai latte protein mix by Purition. But if you don’t have this protein you could use any flavour protein you like and then add your own chai mix blend (nutmeg, cloves, ginger, cardamom). I also added Pumpkin Puree which works perfectly when adding protein powder to avoid the oatmeal becoming to dry. You can get cans of Pumpkin Puree all year round in the big supermarkets but if you can’t find any you could sub for mashed banana or apple puree.
Heres the recipe:
- 130g (1/2 cup) Pumpkin Puree (or 1 small mashed banana or apple puree)
- 65g/ 2 Egg Whites or 1 Large Egg
- 50g (1/2 cup) Oats
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 25g Protein Powder of your choice (I used chai latte)
- 1 Chopped Apple
- ½ Tsp Cinammon
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat your oven to 190oc
- Combine all the above ingredients into a bowl. It should be quite a thick but still moist consistency. If it seems too dry then add some milk of your choice until you achieve the right consistency.
- Place into an oven dish and bake for around 30 minutes until golden on top and a knife comes out clean.
- Serve with extra apple, yoghurt and nut butter for extra yumminess
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag me in your pictures on Instagram if you make it cleanleanbakes xx
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!