Raw Cheesecake bars have to be the ultimate Vegan dessert! Packed with nuts and seeds as well as the addition of protein, these bars are one tasty healthy snack you need to make. They are refined sugar free, gluten free and Keto/ Paleo friendly.
With this month being the month of Veganuary I wanted to make sure I added a few more Vegan recipes to my blog. Particularly for those who are new to eating Vegan and are in need of inspiration. Although I am not doing Veganuary myself I do eat a very plant based diet and I try as much as possible to make my desserts and snacks Vegan as well as at least 2 of my meals a day. Having a freezer packed with bars such as these, makes it all so much easier.
I have a few other raw cheesecake recipes on my blog… Salted Caramel and Fig Cheesecake Slice and Raw Vegan Nutella Bars being two of my favourites. Each one of these recipes is slightly different in that for one I use a Vegan yoghurt as the filling and for the other I use cashew nuts. For this recipe I decided to go with Cashew nuts. I found with cashew nuts the filling holds much better.
For this recipe you’ll need only 7 ingredients; granola, coconut oil, cashew nuts, protein powder, syrup, almond milk and dark chocolate. You simply mix all the base ingredients in a blender and then top with melted dark chocolate.
I used a Chia and Almond Granola by PaleoFoods but you could use any Vegan granola you have.
This recipe would also be great a Keto snack as it contains only 4g Carbs, 7g of Protein and 12g Fat.
Heres the recipe:
- 155g (1½ cups) Granola
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 100g (3/4 cup) Cashew Nuts (soaked for at least an hour in water)
- 60g (1/2 cup) Salted Caramel Protein (or vanilla)
- 2 Tbsp Fruit Syrup
- 50m Almond Milk
- 35g (1/4 cup) Dark Chocolate
- Blend together the granola with the melted coconut oil
- Press this mixture into a square lined tin
- Blend together the filling ingredients and place on top of the base. Place in the fridge while you melt the chocolate
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave for 20 seconds burst until melted.
- Pour over the filling and then place in the freezer for around 2 hours to set before slicing into squares
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!