I have a largely Pescetarian diet and therefore I’m always searching for high protein alternatives to fish for a change. I love using chickpeas and after a few trial and errors i managed to come up with these yummy chickpea balls.
They are delicious on their own as a snack but taste even better served with a tomato puree and spaghetti or drizzled with tahini or hummus.
The recipe contains turmeric powder which has been shown to be:
- Mood boosting
- Aid healthy digestion
Like many of my recipes it can be adapted to suit what you have in your cupboards. Don’t have carrots….use courgette instead. You could even try this using other beans such as black beans or cannellini beans. You can also make these vegan by making up a chia egg substitute mixture for the egg.
The great thing about this recipe is that pretty much all the ingredients are thrown in a blender and simply baked….
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 large egg
- 50g (1 medium carrot) grated
- ¼ cup of sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup sesame seeds
- 1½ Tbsp Tamari sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- handful of chopped Parsley
- coconut oil for drizzling
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a baking tray with some non stick baking paper
- In a blender combine all the ingredients except the sesame seeds, tumeric and coconut oil.
- Blend until well combined and the mixture forms a stiff dough.
- Form into 6 balls.
- Roll each ball in the sesame seeds and place on the baking tray. Sprinkle each ball with tumeric powder and finally drizzle with a little coconut oil.
- Place in the oven for around 30 minutes. Half way through cooking flip the balls over and drizzle with more coconut oil.
- Enjoy as a snack or serve with veg and tomato sauce for a healthy lunch or dinner!
I would love to hear any of your comments below if you guys try these 🙂