The best homemade no-bake Cookie Dough Protein Bars! Made with oats, cashew nuts and vanilla protein and topped with a silky smooth chocolate coating. Gluten free, high protein and refined sugar-free.
No bake protein bars are a favourite in my house to whizz up at the weekend to take to work as snacks throughout the week. They take less than 20 minutes to make and once made I just keep mine stored in the freezer and then take one out each morning. Each little bar is only 85 calories and contains 4g Protein. If I’m feeling like I want a bigger snack (which is most days) or to increase the Protein I’ll have two!!
I have a range of homemade protein bar recipes on my site and this is definitely one of the ones that would make my top 5. I love the simplicity of the cookie dough vanilla flavour with the dark chocolate chips and melted chocolate on top. Plus it’s that time of year when chocolate just needs to be embraced as let’s be honest you can’t move for the stuff in December! These bars are gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
- 55g (1 cup) Cashews
- 60g (3/4 cup) Oats
- 2 Tbsp Low Sugar Fruit Syrup
- 50g Egg Whites*
- 1.5 scoops (45g) of Protein Powder (i used vanilla flavoured)
- Handful of Dark Chocolate Chips
- 30g Dark Chocolate
- Tbsp mixed seeds (optional for topping)
- *could use around 200ml Almond Milk
- Line a square baking dish with parchment paper going both ways.
- Place the cashews, oats and protein powder into a blender and blitz
- Stir in the fruit syrup and egg whites until you have a ball of "dough." Then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Using wet hands, press evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Make the chocolate coating by melting the dark chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 20-second intervals for about a minute, or until melted, stirring each time. Pour chocolate over bars and use a spatula to spread evenly. Sprinkle with the seeds if using.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours before slicing into 9-12 bars.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!