This is just one of those dessert/ snack recipes that’ll you make up and think to yourself why haven’t I made these sooner!! A super simple recipe that requires only 8 ingredients and like many of my bakes, this Dark Chocolate Almond Cookie Skillet is grain free, gluten free and naturally high in protein.
Looking at my recent recipes I feel I’m on a bit of an almond flour (ground almonds) train at the moment. It was tahini and now its almonds. They just make such a great base in cakes, brownies and cookies as an alternative to flour while adding healthy fats and lots of nutrients. Along with ground almonds the only other dry ingredients in this recipe are sugar (I use a zero calorie sugar) and baking powder.
The rest of the ingredients are the wet ingredients which includes eggs, coconut oil, syrup and almond butter. I haven’t yet tried this recipe with flax eggs as a vegan alternative but I’ll definitely try it out soon and let you know how it goes.
I have also made a follow along recipe video on Instagram so check out my IGTV page cleanleanbakes if you wan’t to follow along with me 🙂
This recipe suits many diets with it being grain free, gluten free, high in protein (9g per slice) as well as being Keto friendly. Most importantly it makes such a yummy snack or dessert especially when served with ice cream or yoghurt!
Heres the recipe:
- 2 Eggs
- 20g (1/4 cup) Coconut Oil (melted and cooled)
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 50g (1/4 cup) Almond Butter
- 45g (1/2 cup) Ground Almonds/ Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Sugar (I used zero calorie sugar)
- Tsp Baking Powder
- Dark Chocolate cut into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180oc and cover your skillet pan in baking paper or grease with butter/ oil
- Combine all the wet ingredients in one bowl and set aside
- Combine all the dry ingredients in another bowl
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined
- Pour the mixture into your skillet and top with the chunks of chocolate
- Place in the oven for around 18 minutes until golden on top but still slightly springy to touch
- Leave to cool before slicing into pieces. Great served with ice cream or yoghurt.
I used MyProtein syrup, almond butter and protein chocolate. Code ‘CLEANLEAN’ gets 37% off
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!