I’ve called this yummy snack Chocolate Almond Scones as I guess they have a slightly lighter texture than bread but it is definetly similar to banana bread. Whatever they are called; they are moist, packed with natural protein and are gluten free and refined sugar free.
For Christmas I got a light adaptor that you add on top of your camera as well as a tripod. Blogger essentials I guess that up until now I hadn’t bothered with but was getting sick of the dark mornings and nights affecting my pictures. I also thought I would try some recipe videos. You’ll have to bare with me as the video i’ll upload for this recipe was taken in my 1960s temporary kitchen while we build an extension. Spot the jazzy brown cupboards and dodgy lightening. I do apologise but I promise they will get better particularly when I have a fully functioning kitchen.
Anyway, this recipe came about as I had a few bananas to use but didn’t fancy making a standard banana bread. At the time I was craving scones (as they are the ultimate baking treat of course) hence where my scone/banana bread mix came in. I also have a recipe which I guess is more of a traditional scone recipe which you can check out here….Vegan Protein Scones with Blackberry Chia Jam
These chocolate almond scones are super filling as a mid afternoon snack due to them being a great mix of fats, carbs and protein. Which comes from ingredients such as eggs (fats), bananas (carbs) and almonds (protein).
You can click the link at the bottom of the page to access the video recipe I made but heres also the written one for you to follow:
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Fruit Syrup
- 3 Mashed Ripe Bananas
- 45g (1/2 cup) Ground Almonds
- 20g (1/4 cup) Crushed Almonds
- 20g (1/4 cup) Cornflour
- 110g (1 cup) Buckwheat Flour
- Tsp Baking Powder
- 20g Crushed Dark Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180oc
- Mix all the wet ingredients into a bowl (egg, banana and syrup)
- Add the remaining dry ingredients except the chopped almonds and dark chocolate
- Once mixed add the chopped almonds
- Place into a silicone circular baking tin
- Top with the dark chocolate
- Place in the oven for around 25 minutes
- Leave to cool then slice into triangles
Let me know you’re thoughts on the video and if you’d like to see more 🙂