buying Maxalt online This Double Chocolate Courgette (zucchini) Banana loaf is made without any butter or oil, but its so soft and dense that you’d never be able to tell it’s healthy! Egg Whites, banana, and grated courgette keep it extra moist, while a double dose of chocolate makes it taste super decadent.
If theres one thing I love its being able to have chocolate for breakfast! With this chocolate protein loaf you can have chocolate for breakfast with the added benefit of knowing your also getting some fruit (banana) and vegetables (courgette) in there! This loaf also makes a great snack and dessert and is the ideal meal prep for a Sunday Evening, to ensure you’ve got those healthy snacks for the week.
The courgette doesn’t add any flavour to the loaf but its great for adding moisture particularly when adding in protein powder. I’ve tried making a banana protein loaf in the past and without the courgette it was a bit dry.
This loaf contains 8g Protein per slice, with the protein coming from egg whites, egg and protein powder! You could however make this recipe see url Vegan by subbing the egg for a flax egg (mix one tablespoon ground flaxseed with three tablespoons of water) and double the almond milk instead of using egg whites. Let me know if you try it using these Vegan subs as i’d love to hear how it goes.
If you guys have any particular recipes you’d like me to try and make high protein or vegan comment below. Always love hearing new ideas and seeing what I can come up with for you 🙂
But for now; heres the recipe for this yummy loaf…..
- 50g (1/3 cup) Chocolate Whey Protein Powder (could sub with vegan protein)
- 15g (1/4 cup) Cacao Powder
- 100g (1 cup) Oat Flour (Oats blitzed)
- 150g Grated Courgette (half a large courgette)
- Tsp Baking Powder
- Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- 45g Egg Whites (4 tbsp)
- 50ml Almond Milk
- Cacao Nibs for topping
- Preheat the oven to 170oc
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Combine all the wet ingredients in another bowl and then add to the dry mixture
- Pour the combined mixture into a loaf tin
- Top with the cacao nibs
- Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean
- Leave to cool then slice and enjoy