These little chocolate treats are so easy to make, require no baking and the only thing you need is a bowl and a tin. Simples.
Each bite contains 7g of Protein and only 125 calories. They are gluten free, refined sugar free and most importantly they taste of yummy crispy chocolatey goodness.
They’ve been my go to mid morning snack this week as I just can’t seem to go more than 2 hours without eating! Of course this is the time of the year when the office is filled with sugary chocolate treats. Although a couple of these a day won’t harm you, why choose them when you can have one of these healthy bites full of protein and healthy fats?! Or maybe have both!
See below for the recipe…
- 30g Chocolate Whey (can use vegan protein)
- 10g Puffed Wheat Cereal (gluten free if required)
- 30g Oats (gluten free if required)
- 5g Cacao Powder
- 35g Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 10g Low Calorie Fruit Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 30g Dark Chocolate
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Melt down the peanut butter, 1 tbsp coconut oil and syrup then pour into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Tip into a small lined tin and press down with the back of a spoon
- For the topping break up the dark chocolate and melt it gently with 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- Pour this over the top
- Chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours and then cut into yummy pieces