A gluten free Chocolate Chip Apple Banana Bread packed with goodness and an added protein kick! Its delicious and satisfying while being healthy all at the same time!
At least once a month I bake up a banana bread and each time I love adding different flavours and ingredients often linked to the season. As we are in apple season I just had to do an apple banana bread right?!
Like with my other recent banana breads Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and Chocolate Chip Tahini Banana Bread the base of the bread is a mix of coconut flour and ground almonds. This does make the banana bread a lot denser than regular banana bread but I love that!
The chocolate shake is a recent addition from myprotein and I also buy my almond butter, maple syrup, oats and vanilla flavour drops from there. My code CLEANLEAN gets 47% discount if you fancy getting a few bits for yourself.
Heres the recipe:
- Wet ingredients:
- 2 eggs (or 2 flax eggs)
- 210g (1 cup) unsweetened applesauce or homemade apple puree
- 90g (1/2 cup) mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavour drops or extract
- 85g (1/3 cup) creamy almond butter (or your nut butter of choice)
- 110ml (1/2 cup) Chocolate Protein Shake
- Dry ingredients:
- 70g (1/2 cup + 3 tbsps) coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (or ½ tsp of cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 20g (1/2 cup) dark chocolate chips
- 60g (1/3 cup) apple, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line or spray a loaf pan with parchment paper
- Mix together wet ingredients with hand mixer or spatula
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix with spatula
- Fold in ½ of the dark chocolate chips and all the apple
- Pour batter into a bread dish
- Bake for minutes, sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top and bake for another 20 minutes
- Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!