Another banana bread I know.. but this banana bread is packed with nutrients, protein, and healthy fats making it the yummiest but also healthiest banana bread there could be! This recipe is gluten free and low in sugar!
Tahini contains more protein than milk and most nuts. It’s a rich source of B vitamins that boost energy and brain function, vitamin E, which is protective against heart disease and stroke, and important minerals, such as magnesium, iron and calcium.
Thats why! Its a little powerhouse ingredient that’s a great addition to your diet. When you combine it with some of the other ingredients in this bread such as the banana, yoghurt, ground almonds and protein it really is a snack that’s both delicious and so good for you!
Its a super simple combine into one bowl and bake type of recipe!
Heres it is..
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 Eggs
- 50g (1/2 cup) oats of choice – use gluten free if preferred
- 35g (1/2 cup) ground almonds
- 30g (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut yogurt/ greek yoghurt (if not vegan) or any yogurt
- 25g Chai Spice Protein Powder (optional)
- 25g (1/4 cup) Vegan Chocolate Drops
- Pre heat you oven to 180c
- Line a bread loaf with baking paper
- Mix all the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour into the loaf tin
- Bake for around 25 mins in the oven until golden on top
Let me know if you made this recipe in the comments below 🙂
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!