I would be lying if I said I’m a regular consumer of Collagen, however I do have some stashed in my cupboard and every now and again I love to add it to smoothies and snacks such as these! Collagen is great for your skin, hair, nails, and joints so why not add it to baking to give that tasty snack a health kick. The ‘Vitness’ Collagen I used is a premium skin-boosting supplement blended with scientifically researched Hydrolysed Marine Collagen (Peptan), super antioxidant Astaxanthin and Nature’s own moisture molecule Hyaluronic Acid, plus vitamins E + C. Sounds pretty good right?!
Anyway back to the fudge….this easy fudge only takes a couple of minutes to throw together. The hardest part about this recipe is waiting for it to harden in the freezer (which only takes 15-20 minutes)! I choose to top mine with goji berries, pumpkin seeds and coconut but you can choose from whatever you may have in your cupboard. Extra chocolate, seeds and dried fruit making great toppings!
Heres the recipe….
- 35g Ground Almonds
- 40g Protein
- 20g Peanut Butter
- Tbsp Collagen Powder
- 3 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed + 6 Tbsp Water
- 15g Dark Chocolate
- Toppings: pumpkin seeds, goji berries etc
- Mix together the flax and water in a bowl and set aside
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate and toppings to a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the flax and blend to a dough.
- If the mixture is to dry add a splash of almond milk
- Transfer to a lined tin and press until flat
- Melt the dark chocolate and pour over the fudge
- Sprinkle with the toppings of your choice
- Set in the freezer for at least 30 minutes then slice and enjoy
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!