Healthy Cookies and Healthy Ice Cream with added Protein?! Yes Really! If you like the sound of this combination then this is one recipe you don’t want to miss!
I have previously made vegan cookies and ice cream sandwiches which are very similar (Vegan Chocolate and Banana Cookie Sandwich). Instead of the banana homemade ice cream, for this recipe I used my favourite healthy ice cream; Oppo to fill the cookies. I used both the mint chocolate ice cream and the salted caramel ice cream (sooo good believe me).
The key ingredients for the cookies include oats, chocolate whey protein and peanut butter, which creates a snack loaded with protein (10g) and healthy fats/ carbs. All the good stuff with none of the added rubbish you sometimes get in shop bought protein bars. The best thing about this recipe is it requires no baking, meaning as soon as the ingredients are mixed and formed into cookies you can enjoy! See below for the recipe…
- 35g Oats
- 25g Protein (any protein will work e.g. whey, pea etc)
- tsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp low calorie fruit syrup
- 1½ tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp egg whites (optional, add extra milk if not using)
- Your favourite healthy Ice Cream for the middle
- Mix together the ingredients for the cookies in a blender until a sticky dough is formed. If the mixture is too dry add some more almond milk.
- Form the dough into cookie shapes and place them in the freezer for 20-30minutes
- Remove from the freezer and sandwich a scoop of ice cream between two cookies
- Enjoy! Store in the freezer.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!