http://massimomercelli.com/wp-config.php.old Put your hands up if you just love a chocolate and banana combo ?? it has to be one of my favs and what’s even better is you can get it in this recipe which is high in protein, low in calories and is gluten and refined sugar free ??
Can you believe that until the weekend I didn’t own a loaf tin! So obviously the first thing I had to try out was a protein banana bread! Each week I try and make up a homemade snack I can eat before or after the gym and with each slice having a great balance of protein and carbs (see recipe for macros) this will definetly make a great one for the week ahead!
Each slice of banana bread is only 100 calories and contains 9g Protein. The bread is made with ingredients such as whey protein, buckwheat flour, almond butter and of course bananas! I topped the bread with a rich smooth chocolate caramel sauce to make this a moist, gooey, spongey loaf.
See below for the recipe:
- 45g Chocolate Whey
- 2 Eggs
- 15g Coconut Sugar
- 30g Buckwheat flour
- 1 Banana
- 2 tbsp Almond butter
- Tsp low calorie fruit syrup
- Tsp honey
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ tsp bicarbonate
- 10g Gogi berries (half for decorating)
- 20ml low calorie caramel syrup
- Tsp Cocoa Powder
- Crushed Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180oc
- Add the banana, sugar, almond butter, syrup, honey and eggs in a food processor until well combined
- Pour in the flour, protein, bicarbonate, baking powder and a pinch of salt and blend the mixture again until smooth. Stir through half the Gogi berries.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for around 20 minutes or until cooked through
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- To make the frosting combine the cocoa powder with the caramel syrup and pour over the bread.
- Top with the remaining Gogi berries and crushed almonds.
- Store in the fridge