If you’ve never tried a chocolate orange donut/ doughnut filled with vanilla yoghurt then you need to! This donut recipe is high in protein, gluten-free and refined sugar free, but most importantly tastes delish!
I’m a big fan of protein donuts as they are really easy to make and often require very little ingredients. I have a few other protein donut recipes on my website…. Pumpkin Cheesecake Protein Donuts and Blueberry Protein Doughnuts but never before have I filled my donuts with a creamy vanilla yoghurt. Believe me its a game changer! Its like a healthier version of a custard filled donut.
I also love the chocolate orange combination in these donuts which again I hadn’t tried before. I achieved this flavour through using a chocolate orange protein but you could easily use a chocolate protein and then add some orange zest/ flavouring.
These little donuts make such a great healthy snack in the morning or afternoon and at only 75 calories each you may as well have two right! They are also great if you are following a low carb diet as theres only 4g Carbs per and 6g Protein per Donut.
Heres the recipe:
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Banana
- 6 Tsp Milk
- 1 Scoop (around 30g) of chocolate orange protein *
- Tsp Cacao Powder
- Tsp Cinnamon
- Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 50g (1 cup) Sunflower Flour **
- Vanilla or Plain Yoghurt for filling
- Preheat the oven to 180oc
- Combine all the wet ingredients together in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients and fold into the wet ingredients
- Spray your donut mould with coconut spray
- Pour the batter into the moulds and bake for around 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool before slicing in half and filling with the vanilla yoghurt or plan yoghurt mixed with vanilla extract
- Store in the fridge
•• Could sub with Buckwheat, coconut or regular flour
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!