One of my all time favourite flavour combinations is chocolate and peanut butter….who’s with me?! What better way to enjoy this combination with added Protein than in this refined sugar free and gluten free recipe!
I’ve been away for a few weeks travelling in France and when I got home one of the first things I wanted to do (after all the washing and unpacking of course) was baking! I haven’t made brownies in a while (see my previous recipe for Black Bean Protein Brownies) so fancied making up a batch which incorporated banana, chocolate and peanut butter as the main ingredients.
Using those ingredients along with egg whites and peanut butter makes for a high protein brownie containing 10g per square and less than 120 calories. They make a perfect pre or post workout snack or warmed up as a dessert with greek yoghurt! Check the recipe out below….
- 70g Dark Chocolate (i used high protein chocolate)
- 50g Egg Whites
- 10g Peanut Flour
- 50g Protein Whey (i used banana flavour)
- 1 Banana (mashed)
- 15g Peanut Butter
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 15g protein chocolate creme (or chocolate spread)
- tbsp quark
- Preheat the oven to 180oc and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over boiling water
- Mix in the egg white and mashed banana until combined
- Mix in the remaining ingredients peanut flour, peanut butter, baking powder and whey
- Bake in the oven for around 12 minutes
- Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile mix together the chocolate creme and quark for the topping.
- Once cooled top the brownies with the mix, chop into squares and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!