Have you ever made Protein Doughnuts? Because if you haven’t, you’ve got to give them a shot! This recipe has taken me a few goes to get right to ensure the donuts remained moist and fluffy so you guys are in for a treat…… they’re really easy to make and these protein donuts in particular are scrummy – nutty, moist, and against the dark chocolate on top? GAWWWD they’re tasty!!!!
These mini doughnuts contain 4g Protein each and make the perfect snack at only 60 calories. They are also sugar free, gluten free and low carb. If you’re a peanut butter and chocolate combination fan like me you will definitely love them!! You can get so creative in the toppings you add to your donuts. I went for bee pollen and coconut but you could add nuts, seeds, or simply keep them plain.
I used an electric snack maker to make them and they took only 5 minutes to cook. But you can always use a doughnut tray and then bake in the oven for around 20 minutes.
See below for the recipe….
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp egg white
- 30g Protein (I used salted caramel vegan Perform Protein)
- 15g Gluten free Oats
- 10g Coconut Flour
- 5g Peanut Butter
- 35ml Almond Milk (can use other milk)
- 25g Dark Chocolate
- Toppings e.g. bee pollen, coconut, crushed nuts etc
- Preheat the oven to 170oc or heat up your donut maker
- Combine all the above ingredients except the dark chocolate and toppings and blend until a thick batter is formed
- Pour the batter into the donut trays
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or according to the donut maker
- While the donuts are cooling, melt the chocolate. (It's best to do it in a glass bowl over boiling water)
- Once the chocolate liquifies, dip the donuts in sprinkle on your toppings and then transfer the donuts to the fridge so the chocolate can set.
- Now for the best bit...to devour them all!
Enjoy! Don’t forget to comment below and let me know how they go if you try them xx