http://shellystearooms.com/shellys-tea-rooms-news-spring-2017/voucher/ These peanut butter protein bars are the simplest bars to make and are packed with healthy ingredients such as oats, peanut butter, chia seeds, coconut and protein powder. Drizzled with dark chocolate and a little coconut, these are the perfect bars you can whizz up in less than half an hour.
As you guys have gathered from the majority of my recipes posted I love making up high protein snacks to fuel me before a workout or replenish after. See the blog post I wrote for more information on my go to snacks pre and post workout– Snacks Each of these bars contains 8g of protein and is less than 130 calories, which is so much less than any shop bought protein bars (don’t get me wrong I still eat plenty of these too!).
But when you don’t have a box of bars lying around or are just trying to save money these homemade no bake peanut butter protein bars packed with real, wholesome ingredients and an excellent ratio of fats, fiber and carbs are ideal.
The oats provide a nice chewy texture and if you are gluten free, gluten free oats can be used instead of regular oats. I love adding chia seeds to my snacks as they add a good boost of fiber, protein, omega 3 and crunch. Mix that with peanut butter and you get the perfect textured and nutty tasting bar. You can also substitute peanut butter for other nut butters.
See below for the recipe…..
- 60g Peanut Butter
- 8g Coconut Oil
- 1.5 tbsp. low sugar fruit syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 45g Protein (I used salted caramel vegan protein)
- 60g Oats
- 15g Chia Seeds
- 50g Egg Whites
- 30ml Almond Milk
- 10g Desiccated Coconut (plus extra for topping)
- 15g Dark Chocolate
- Heat the peanut butter, coconut oil, fruit syrup and vanilla in a saucepan over low heat. Mix together until well combined and smooth, then remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in protein powder until smooth, then fold in the oats, chia seeds, egg white and coconut. Place in a tin lined with parchment paper.
- Add the dark chocolate and a splash of boiling water in a small saucepan and place over low heat until melted. Drizzle over the tops of the bars. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour before removing from the tin and cutting into 9 squares.
- Store the bars in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Comment below if you try them or let me know by tagging me in them on Instagram cleanleanbakes xx