I couldn’t let Pancake Day pass by without a new pancake or crepe recipe! These crepes are high in protein, gluten free and refined sugar free making them the perfect healthy crepes for pancake day.
Just a quick one today as I’m leaving this post very late for Pancake Day seen as though its Pancake Day as I type! But really these crepes do the talking! You need only 5 ingredients to make the crepes and they contain a massive 25g Protein:
- Buckwheat Flour (you could sub for any other kind of flour you have in the cupboard)
- Quark/ Natural yoghurt
- Egg Whites
- Protein Powder
You can then fill and top them with all your favourite toppings. I love to fill mine with yoghurt and top with berries, peanut butter and a sprinkle of granola.
- 1 Egg
- Tbsp Quark / Natural Yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp Buckwheat Flour
- Half a scoop of Protein Powder (I used chocolate flavoured)
- 3 Egg Whites
- Coconut Oil for Frying
- Mix all the above ingredients together until smooth. If its too thick add some milk to the mixture.
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan
- Fry in batches
- Top with your favourite toppings!