The healthiest way to get a ton load of vegetables into your breakfast and it actually tastes like chocolate?! You heard it right. This vegan high protein smoothie is the yummiest smoothie that you’ll want to make on repeat!
So the weather has been slightly warmer in England the past couple of weeks and the second it gets warmer I start to crave those smoothie bowls again. This tends to be my post workout breakfast that I will have on a daily basis and I just don’t get sick of it.
Whats great about this smoothie is it incorporates 5 different vegetables and you wouldn’t even know they were there; cauliflower, spinach, celery, avocado and peas. The addition of frozen peas has been a recent one in my smoothies and although it sounds strange you can’t taste them at all and they add to the thick creamy texture.
I used MissFits vegan vanilla protein in my smoothie which is my go to protein! You can use code ‘Vicky5’ for £5 off your first order with them if you want to give it a try. The addition of the protein makes the smoothie perfect for post workout to help with that muscle recovery.
Heres the recipe for you to try. You can of course use subs in this recipe such as swapping the almond milk for another milk variety or use whey protein if you’d prefer.
- Handful of frozen Cauliflower (around 5 cauliflower heads)
- ¼ cup of frozen peas
- ¼ cup of frozen avocado
- ½ frozen banana
- ¼ cup frozen berries
- ½ stick of celery
- ½ cup spinach
- Few Cubes of Ice
- 200ml Almond Milk
- Scoop of Protein
- Tbsp Cacao Powder
- Tsp Maca Powder
- Add the ice to your blender first then top with the frozen veg and berries.
- Add in the spinach, protein and the remainder of the ingredients
- Blend until a thick and creamy mixture forms
- You may need to add more liquid depending on your blender and much fruit/ veg you've used.
- Pour into a bowl and top with your favourite toppings.
Let me know below if you give the smoothie a try 🙂 xx