These Chocolate Tahini Granola Bars are bound to be your new favourite sweet treat! A crumbly sweet granola oat base, a creamy and chocolatey layer in the middle and added oaty goodness on top makes these bars pure heaven with none of the artificial ingredients or reﬁned sugars you may ﬁnd in shop-bought snacks.
These bars make a great no-bake recipe, that are quick and easy to prepare and can be created using simple ingredients you’re likely to have in your cupboard. You’ll need only two bowls; one for the oat mixture and another for the chocolate tahini centre. But it literally is a case of mixing stuff in a bowl and refrigerating it to set. It’s a real fail proof recipe that anyone can make.
Tahini is one of those ingredients that I’m finding myself using more and more. It’s so versatile and adds a great flavour to many recipes but this is the first time I’ve used it as one of the key ingredients in a snack and it definitely won’t be the last! So you can expect to see a lot more tahini recipes from me in the future because I’m not sure I will ever grow bored of it!If you want to make this recipe gluten free then simply use gluten free granola and oats.
- For the oat layer:
- 100g (1 cup) granola
- 70g (3/4 cup) oat flour – rolled oats blended into a flour in the food processor.
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp (25g) coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp date syrup or any liquid sweetener.
- 50g dark chocolate – I used 85%
- ⅓ cup (30g) Tahini
- 2 tbsp date syrup – or any other liquid sweetener
- Mix the granola, oat flour and salt in a bowl, then pour in the coconut oil and date syrup.
- Press ⅔ of the mixture into a square tin
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes. In the meantime prepare the chocolate filling.
- Break up the chocolate into a heatproof dish and add in the tahini and date syrup. You can either melt it over a pan of boring water or in the microwave.
- Pour the mixture over the oat base, then sprinkle over the remaining ⅓ of the oat mixture.
- Return to the freezer for 30-60 minutes.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!