If you love the combo of bananas, nuts, and chocolate you’ll love these chunky monkey banana cookies! Wholesome enough for breakfast, yet delicious enough for dessert! Gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free, plus vegan friendly too!When it comes to homemade cookies you just can’t go wrong. Nothing beats that warm cookie straight from the oven with a hot cup of tea (very english I know!) These Vegan Banana Cookies are pretty much a mix of some of my favourite foods:
- Almond Butter
As well as these cookies being very tasty I love how easy they are to make. You simply mash some bananas, stir in some delicious ingredients, stick on a baking tray, shape and then bake.
I did mix in a scoop of Vegan Protein fo the cookies, as for me when I’m having a snack or a few for breakfast I need that Protein hit in order to keep me fuller for longer. I love grabbing one of these before a workout as a little snack and then I’ll have my breakfast post workout.
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced (+ slices for topping, optional)
- 20g (1/3 cup) almond butter
- 45g (1 cup) ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 15g (1/4 cup) vegan chocolate chips
- 15g (1/4) cup chopped walnuts
- 25g Vegan Protein (I used Maca flavour)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the banana slices, almond butter and a splash of water to a large bowl and beat with electric beaters until mostly smooth. Add the ground almonds, baking powder, cinnamon, protein powder and salt and beat until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, walnuts.
- Drop the dough (it should be sticky so add more water if not) into 10 equal mounds on the baking sheets. Press a banana slice into the top of each cookie to flatten it out a little.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden then remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!