When your wanting something that’s low in carbs but filling for breakfast or lunch, these courgette fritters are the perfect accompaniment to eggs or a simple Greek yogurt dip and salad.
Courgette is mostly made up of water and therefore is very low in calories along with being full of vitamins and minerals. See below for this simple and easy recipe…
- 1 courgette
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup of coconut or buckwheat flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Shred the courgette using a grater and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and toss well. Leave for 10 minutes
- Now to squeeze the moisture out of the courgette to stop the fritters going soggy. Simply pick up a handful out at a time and squeeze out the moisture in a bowl or over the sink. Transfer the courgette to a clean, dry bowl.
- Add the flour, egg and pepper and stir to combine.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry a spoonful of the mixture in the coconut oil for 3-5 minutes on each side until nicely browned.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!