If you want a breakfast that is satisfying, nutritious, packed with protein and the boost you need to start the day then look no further than this Creamy Vanilla Chia Oat Bowl! Its gluten free, lactose free and of course high in protein!
Oats and Chia seeds are both great sources of dietary fibre and plant based protein- meaning they will make you feel full and satisfied! They help support digestion by increasing the viscosity of our food content and therefore stabilising blood sugar levels.
The serving of oats alone provides around 7g Protein with an additional 2g from the chia seeds and 3g from the peanut butter….. already you’ve got 12g of healthy plant based protein. I try and aim for around 25g of Protein per meal therefore I also added 120ml of a lactose-free protein shake. You could however add protein powder or extra nuts/ peanut butter. Equally if you are following a vegan diet then you could add Vegan protein.
To make the strawberry chia jam, you simply microwave frozen raspberries with the chia seeds and a Tbsp of water and then leave to sit for around 5 minutes to firm. I also like to make this using blueberries or blackberries! With oat bowls you can have loads of fun experimenting with different flavours and combinations!
Heres the recipe:
- 40g (1/3 cup + Tbsp) Oats
- 40g (1/4 cup) Grated Courgette (Zucchini)
- 120ml Vanilla Protein Shake (or ½ scoop of protein powder)
- 55g (1/3 cup) Frozen Raspberries
- Tbsp Chia Seeds
- Tbsp Peanut Butter
- Chopped Banana
- Chopped Walnuts
- First make the chia jam by microwaving the raspberries together with the chia seeds and Tbsp of Water for 1 minute then set aside
- Combine the oats and courgette in a pan with enough water to just cover
- Heat for a few minutes until thickened and bubbling
- Add in the Vanilla Shake and cook for a further few minutes
- Place the oats in a bowl and top with the chia jam and remaining toppings of your choice: I choose peanut butter, banana, walnuts and more chia seeds
I also have a very similar overnight oats recipe if you want to try that out too… Chocolate Pumpkin Overnight Oats.
Enjoy Vicky xx
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!