This healthy sugar free rocky road is a quick and easy snack recipe which takes about 10 minutes to whip up! Unlike traditional rocky road, it contains no marshmallows, added sugar or butter but tastes incredible!
Rocky road is certainly an all time favourite afternoon tea treat! Traditional recipes are made with butter, chocolate, sugary marshmallows, biscuits and golden syrup. And although that is perfectly ok and very tasty, you can also enjoy a healthier version. To me this version tastes just as good if not better than the traditional recipe, as I prefer my snacks less sweet and sickly.
This recipe also contains one of my all time favourite evening treats….dark chocolate. I used 85% cocoa as i love the strong bitter tastes this provides but if you prefer your dark chocolate a bit sweeter you could use 75%. Best of all about this recipe….it takes about 10 minutes to whip up!
You can add any of your favourite ingredients. I added mixed nuts, goji berries, dried strawberries and buckwheat. However you could also added rice crispies, sultanas, popcorn or cranberries amongst many others.
Heres the recipe…
- 30g (2 Tbsp) Coconut Oil
- 125g Dark Chocolate
- 65g (1 Cup) Crushed Mixed Nuts
- Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 30g (1/2 cup) Goji Berries
- 25g (1/3 cup) Dried Strawberries
- 30g (1 cup) Buckwheat Puffs
- Heat the chocolate and coconut oil together in a bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Add in the remainder of the ingredients
- Pour the mixture into a lined tin or container. Place in the freezer to set for at least 30 minutes. Once the slice is firm cut it into squares.
- Store the slice in an air tight container in the fridge or freezer
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!