Double Chocolate Biscoff Brookies; One Yummy High Protein, Gluten-Free Snack! Not only are these brookies totally delish they are also healthy and super easy to make! Vegan subs included.
Im a big fan of a Brookie and actually one of the most popular recipes on my site is my original brookie recipe… Brookies! This brookie however is quite different in that it contains one of my new favs; Biscoff!
The combination of the white chocolate chip Biscoff cookie layer with the rich chocolate Brownie layer is just heavenly! I have no other words to describe it but you simply have to try it out for yourself!
For this recipe you’ll need a food processor or blender for the cookie layer and just another bowl for the brownie layer. You simply place the layers on top of each other and bake in the oven for around 40 minutes.
Although these sound very indulgent they contain only 95 calories per brookie, 6g Protein, 7g Carbs and 4g Fat. Perfectly balanced healthy snack.
Heres the recipe…
- Cookie Layer:
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- A few Vanilla Drops or Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Tsp Baking Powder
- 100g Smooth Peanut Butter
- Tbsp Biscoff Spread
- 70ml Almond Milk
- 20g White Choc Chips (or vegan choc substitute)
- Brownie Layer:
- 30g Buckwheat Flour
- 20g Tapioca Flour
- ½ Tsp Bi Carb Soda
- 40g Stevia Sugar
- 25g Cocoa Powder
- 30g Caramel Brownie Whey Protein Powder (or vegan protein powder)
- 200g Greek Yoghurt (or vegan yoghurt of your choice)
- 45g Melted Chocolate
- 90ml Almond Milk
- Topping: Biscoff biscuits (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180oc and line a brownie tin with parchment paper
- Start with the cookie layer by placing all the ingredients into a food processor except the choc chips and blend until you get a smooth thick dough. Fold in the chocolate chips
- Scoop this mixture into the tin and set aside
- For the brownie layer, sieve into a bowl the flours, protein, cocoa, sugar and soda then mix together
- Mix in the yoghurt, chocolate and almond milk to form the brownie batter
- Pour this batter on top of the cookie dough and top with crumbled Biscoff biscuits (optional)
- Bake for around 40 minutes in the oven. It might still be slightly undercooked when removed from the oven but it will continue to cook while cooling.
- Slice and enjoy!
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!