If there’s one breakfast I love during the winter months its Baked Oats! Especially Double Chocolate Monkey Baked Oats which although sounds very indulgent is actually very healthy! This recipe is gluten free, high in protein and includes vegan subs!
I’m not going to say too much about this one except if you like baked oats then boy will you love this recipe! It literally tastes like you’re eating cake except the healthiest cake you could imagine which still tastes amazing!
The base of the baked oats is of course oats but I also included coconut flour and ground almonds which gives it the soft cake texture. The double chocolate flavour comes from the combination of the chocolate brownie flavour protein and the white chocolate spread (I get both of these products from MyProtein and code CLEANLEAN gets 37% off their protein). If you don’t have any white chocolate spread you could just pour some melted white chocolate on top!
This recipes makes 3 servings of oats and to me it is best served warmed up in a bowl with yoghurt and berries.
Heres the recipe….
- 100g (1 cup) Oats
- 25g (1/4 cup) Coconut Flour
- Tbsp Ground Almonds
- Scoop and half of chocolate brownie protein powder (45g) ( can use vegan or whey protein)
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Tsp Cacao Powder
- 230ml (1 cup) of almond milk
- Toppings: walnuts, sliced banana, white chocolate spread (or melted white chocolate/ vegan choc)
- Preheat the oven to 180oc
- Combine all the ingredients except the toppings in a bowl
- Pour into a greased ovenproof dish and top with the toppings of your choice
- Bake for around 25 minutes
- I keep mine in the fridge for up to a week
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!