I can’t stop with the tahini recipes right now and these double chocolate chip tahini muffins are my favourite muffin recipe yet! They are Gluten Free, refined sugar free and naturally high in protein (no protein powder).
I highlighted in my recent Chocolate Chip Tahini Banana Bread recipe the benefits of tahini, so as I seem to be on the Tahini train right now, I thought why not add it to muffins. These chocolate muffins are so damnnn good you won’t want to stop eating them. The texture is soft and moist with little bites of crunch from the chocolate chips.
These muffins are naturally high in protein with 5g per muffin due to the eggs, coconut flour and ground almonds. If you wanted to make these muffins Vegan you could try subbing the two eggs with flax eggs, although I haven’t tried this myself yet. Comment below if you try it out and let me know how it goes 🙂
As you know with all my other recipes I love to keep them simple and with this one bowl recipe you simply mix everything together and pop them in the oven and voila! I’d love to see your pictures if you make them, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram…. cleanleanbakes
Heres the recipe:
- 1 mashed ripe banana (about 140g)
- 2 large eggs
- 55g (1/4 cup) tahini
- 55g (1/4 cup) maple syrup or fruit syrup of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20g (1/4 cup) ground almonds
- 25g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 20g (1/4 cup) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 35g (1/4 cup) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a 9 cup muffin tin with liners and spray the inside of the liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add mashed banana, eggs, tahini, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth and well combined. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix ingredients together until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin liners. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!