Gluten Free, Healthy Brownies with a festive twist and high in protein!! Yess you heard that right, these brownies are the perfect Christmassy treat as lets face it we all need more chocolate in our lives this time of year!
I think pretty much every month I make up a batch of brownies and considering this month is December it made sense to add a bit of a Christmas twist to them with the addition of mince pie filling! It added such as richness to the brownies it kind of makes you want to add it all year round! That sweet mince pie filling with the cinnamon and chocolate combined is one hell of a flavour!
As you all know I do love adding a protein hit to a lot of my desserts and snacks and this one was no exception with the addition of some chocolate protein shake and powder. I used a MyProtein toffee caramel flavour whey in this recipe but any flavour would work. (If your after a bit of discount my code CLEANLEAN gets 37% off Myprotein).
This recipe is super easy requiring only one bowl and an oven… thats how I like it with my recipes! And if your worried that you may have over indulged a bit so far this Christmas then you don’t have to worry with these brownies at only 80 calories a slice and 4g Protein they are the perfect healthy tasty snack!
Heres the recipe:
- 40g gluten free flour or Buckwheat Flour
- 20g Cacao Powder
- 20g Cocoa Powder
- 25g Protein powder (I used toffee caramel flavour) or sub with ground almonds
- Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- 160g Apple Purree (I used unsweetened homemade apple puree)
- 20g Coconut Oil (melted)
- 50g Maple Syrup
- 55ml Chocolate Protein Shake (sub with almond milk or protein powder mixed with milk)
- 2 Tbsp Mince Pie Filling
- Preheat the oven to 180oc and line a square tin with baking parchment
- Combine all the dry ingredients together then stir in the wet ingredients until a smooth batter is formed
- Fold in the mince pie filling
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes
- Top with a handful of marshmallows and either place back in the oven for a few minutes until the puff up or use a blow touch to brown the top
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!