The fluffiest, lightest pancake stack that is healthy, gluten free and high in protein (with vegan substitutions). Each pancake is packed with flavour- it may not be autumn but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy pumpkin all year round!
As I said I know its Winter Time right now and pumpkin season has ended but I’m just loving using it so much and its still available to buy that I just can’t help but keep adding it to my recipes. It goes so well in pancakes that’s for sure! However, if you can’t find it in the shops you could sub the pumpkin for apple puree or mashed banana.
The base of the pancakes is made using gluten free oat flour – I just buy jumbo oats and blend these. Alongside the oats I add protein powder and the pumpkin puree. One of the liquids I use in the pancakes for extra protein is egg whites but you could substitute with a plant based milk if vegan. I also used a whey protein but again you could substitute with a vegan protein powder. I used MyProtein cookies and cream flavour protein powder and they also do a great range of vegan protein. Along with the protein I used their Toffee Flavour Drops and topped with their cacao nibs. My code CLEANLEAN gets 37% off their products if you want to try them out 🙂
Now heres the recipe for one of the most tastiest healthiest pancake stacks you’ll try:
- 40g Oat Flour (gluten free oats blended)
- 15g Protein powder - I used cookies and cream flavour
- ¾ Tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch Salt
- Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- ½ Tsp Pumpkin Spice
- A few Toffee Flavour Drops (optional)
- 60g Egg Whites (sub with almond milk or 1 egg + a couple of Tbsps almond milk)
- Tbsp Stevia Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Almond Milk
- Coconut Oil for Frying
- Toppings of your choice
- Combine all the above ingredients together to form a smooth batter. You may need to adjust the amount off almond milk depending on whether you use egg whites or not. I aim for a thick batter that's still pourable from a spoon.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan until melted and the pans hot. Fry around 1 tbsp and half of the mixture until the pancakes are golden on each side
- Stack and top with your favourite toppings- I used yoghurt, pecans, cacao nibs, maple syrup and blueberries
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!