If your like me and love a good burger but don’t quite want all the calories and fat of a regular burger then these healthy lean turkey burgers are the one for you….. and theres certainly no compromise on flavour.
To me no food should be off limits and if theres something you love eating then you should definitely eat it. Life is always about balance, hence if you fancy a big greasy cheesy burger then you should go eat one. However for those mid week meals when you fancy something hearty and meaty but lower in calories, these lean turkey burgers are a great alternative.
They are so easy and simply involve chucking all the ingredients in a bowl, combining them into burgers and then grilling. I topped mine with an avocado and pea smash which I’ll also include in the recipe below.
You could use lean beef or lamb mince for this recipe and instead of using goats cheese to stuff them you could use mozzarella. I enjoyed mine with a portobello mushroom bun but of course a regular bread bun would work easily well.
See below for the recipe…
- FOR THE BURGERS:
- 250g lean turkey mince
- 1 egg
- ½ chopped onion
- tsp tomato ketchup
- tsp burger rub (paprika, salt, pepper)
- Chopped basil
- 15g goats cheese divided into 4 squares
- FOR THE DIP
- 30g avocado
- 25g peas
- 10g quark
- Squeeze of lemon
- salt and pepper
- Combine all the burger ingredients in a bowl except the goats cheese
- Divide into 4 burgers then for each burger split it into two (8 small burgers)
- Place the goats cheese on top of one half of each burger and then place the other half on top so that it covers the goats cheese
- Place under the grill for around 12 minutes or until cooked through and golden in colour. Turn each burger halfway.
- Meanwhile mix together all the ingredients for the dip
- Once the burgers are ready top with the dip and place in a regular bun or portobello mushroom and serve with your favourite salad or veg
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!