Ok so I’ll be totally honest with you on this one… this doesn’t quite taste like a standard shop bought scone but don’t let that put you off as its one yummy snack! With using oat flour instead of regular flour the texture is slightly different to a regular scone, yet still with a soft spongey texture and slightly crispy outside.
As you all know I love adding protein to my snacks and adding protein to these scones also adds a yummy flavour. I used vanilla flavour protein with a bit of all spice, vanilla flavour drops, maple syrup and goji berries to create an incredible combination of flavours.
These scones work so well with a sweet glaze on top. Rather than using regular powdered sugar I made my own using a zero calorie Stevia sugar which I blended with a tsp cornstarch and then mixed this with a tbsp milk to form the glaze.
I can’t wait to make some other flavours- I’m thinking blueberry and lemon next!
Heres the recipe:
- 150g oat flour (blended oats)
- 45g Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- Tsp all spice
- Tsp vanilla extract or vanilla flavour drops
- 85g Maple Syrup
- 2 Heaped Tbsp Yoghurt
- 25g Unsalted Butter
- 10g Dried Goji Berries
- Glaze: 55g powdered stevia sugar + 1 Tbsp Milk *
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients except the gojis and the butter
- Once combined, cut in the cubed butter with a fork until it resembles coarse chunks and fold in the goji berries
- Place the bowl into your freezer and preheat your oven to 180oc- line a baking tray with baking sheet
- Once the oven has reached temperature place the dough on the sheet and pat it into a circle around 1 inch thick and then cut into 8 triangles
- Bake for around 16 minutes
- Once cooled add the glaze and sprinkle with extra goji berries
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!