How does a dark chocolate cup with a gooey chocolate superfood filling sound?! If you’re going to make one snack you want it to be this!
So as you may have been able to tell from my recipes I just love Chocolate and without fail I have chocolate on a daily basis. Of all the chocolate snacks I have made this one is definetly up there with my top 5!
Each little cup is only 140 calories, contains 7g Protein, 10g Fat and only 5g Carbs which is great if your following the Keto diet and looking for a low carb/ higher fat snack.
This isn’t just any chocolate snack, it contains the superfood maca as well as an addition of protein. Maca is a great superfood; it is high in certain minerals including iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium and zinc as well as some B vitamins including B3. It also adds a yummy caramel type flavour. You could however use another superfood such as lucuma, reishi, cinnamon. or ashwaghanda depending on what you have in the cupboard.
I actually got a bit impatient with my cups and cut into them before they were set which is why they are super gooey, but man that gooeyness is so good so I’m not complaining. If you do however want the centre to be firmer you’ll need to leave them in the fridge for at least a few hours to firm up before biting into one!
Heres the super simple recipe:
- Chocolate Shell:
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips/chunks of choice
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ¼ cup warm water
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar free syrup or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons protein powder (i used a chocolate flavour)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of maca powder or superfood powders of choice (see above for my suggestions)
- Melt the chocolate over low heat in a heat proof bowl. Use a spoon to spread a layer of chocolate into 4 large silicone muffin cups. Place in the fridge to set. Spread a second layer around the walls to create a thicker layer. Place into the fridge. Make the filling.
- Whisk all the filling ingredients together until smooth. Spoon into the 4 cups. Place into the freezer to firm up - at least 30 minutes. Spread chocolate over the top. Place into the fridge for at least 3 hours for the filling to properly firm up
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!