Ok so here I have a dessert/ snack that has just got to be on your list to make! Its a no bake raw gooey salted caramel tahini bar that is full of all the good stuff- protein, fats and carbs. They are gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free and high in protein!
I have taken a break from all the pumpkin and apple recipes (don’t get me wrong I love them, but just fancied something a little different) to bring you my other love…. tahini! I went through a phase of posting lots of tahini recipes and I have many on my blog….. Vegan Chocolate Fudge Tahini Bars and Vegan Caramel Tahini Brownies are just a couple as its such a great ingredient.
What do I love about it:
- Tahini contains more protein than milk and most nuts. It’s a rich source of B vitamins that boost energy and brain function, vitamin E, which is protective against heart disease and stroke, and important minerals, such as magnesium, iron and calcium.
As well as the tahini in this recipe other key ingredients you’ll need include oats, buckwheat grouts, maple syrup, peanut butter and chocolate. If your anything like me you’ll already have a large stock of these in your cupboards… except maybe the buckwheat grouts which you could sub for extra oats.
There is a few steps to this recipe but honestly its super simple and so worth it. Here it is….
- 90g (1 Cup) Gluten Free Oats
- 80g (1/2 cup) Raw Buckwheat Grouts (sub with oats)
- 3 Dates *
- Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 75ml Almond Milk
- CARAMEL CENTRE
- 40g (1/4 cup) Tahini
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Dates *
- Tsp Maca (optional)
- Pinch of Salt
- 45g Vegan Chocolate
- Tsp Coconut Oil
- Combine all the base ingredients in a blender and press into a lined tray firmly. If the mixture isn't sticking together then add a bit more milk. Place this in the freezer.
- Blend the centre ingredients and spoon over the top of the base and place in the fridge
- Melt the Chocolate and Coconut Oil and spoon over the caramel layer
- Place in the freezer to set for at least 30 minutes before slicing
- Store in the fridge for a week
Let me know what you think in the comments below.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!