If banana bread is your thing but you want a healthy no oat, no nuts recipe then this paleo banana bread is the one for you! Its also high in protein. gluten free and believe me when I say its the perfect texture!
I have a few banana bread recipes on my blog…. Caramel Cashew Banana Bread and Salted Caramel Banana Bread are just a couple of them but I often tend to use oats as a base instead of flour so I decided to get a bit creative and make up a banana bread that didn’t use oats as the base but used coconut flour instead. Alongside the coconut flour I added a small amount of vanilla protein but this is very optional and you could sub with extra coconut flour.
For the wet ingredients you’ll need eggs, bananas of course as well as coconut oil and maple syrup. I mixed in some yummy chocolate chips into the bread but the genius part of this whole recipe for me is the sprinkling of granola (paleo granola) on top! It adds such a great texture to the bread with a little bit of crunch.
Heres the recipe:
- Wet ingredients:
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted & cooled coconut oil
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Dry ingredients:
- ⅓ cup (30g) coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp Salted Caramel or your chosen flavour Protein Powder (optional) *
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp (15g) of dark chocolate chips
- 20g (1/2 cup) Granola
- Preheat oven to 180 and line or spray a loaf pan with parchment paper
- Place wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix with an electric whisk
- Once mixed well, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue to mix with the whisk
- Fold in dark chocolate chips once everything is mixed well
- Sprinkle the granola on top
- Bake in oven for around 35 minutes (or until ends are golden)
- Finally, enjoy with your toppings of choice
- You can keep in fridge for about 7 days or freeze for longer!
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!