Now Reading
Gut Friendly Frozen Blueberry Cheesecake Bars

Gut Friendly Frozen Blueberry Cheesecake Bars

Frozen Blueberry Cheesecake Bars made with only real fruit! These healthy snack bars are packed with healthy fats and are loaded with protein! Not only that they also contain gut friendly probiotics. Picture a thick biscuity base with a creamy blueberry frozen yoghurt topping without the guilt of a regular cheesecake.

I’m a firm believer in the 80:20 rule when it comes to eating. I try to eat healthy 80% of the time but the other 20% of the time I add in those yummy tasty treats we all crave (hello chocolate and pizza!). So as part of that 20% I may fancy a regular New York Cheesecake Slice, however for the times when I’m trying to avoid added sugar and unhealthy fats but still fancy a tasty snack or dessert, these bars are great!

Frozen, no bake desserts are so easy to make, perfect to whizz up on a Sunday and slice up for the rest of the week. You’ll need only 7 ingredients for this recipe. You simply blitz some granola with coconut oil for the base, combine all the toppings together, layer up and pop in the freezer to set. The hardest part about this recipe is waiting for it to set when you just want to dive into a slice. Oh an making sure you’ve presoaked your cashew nuts as otherwise they are a nightmare to blend!

I added vanilla protein shake to the recipe for both flavour and extra protein but this recipe works equally well without and you could just sub with coconut oil and maple syrup instead. I also added Kefir, I did a post all about the benefits of Kefir and other ways I like to use Kefir if you want to check it out —> 9 Simple but Yummy ways to use Kefir. Kefir is one of those great probiotics which comes with a host of benefits.

See Also

See below for the recipe…

Frozen Blueberry Cheesecakes Bars
Author: 
Prep time: 
Total time: 
Serves: 9
 
Ingredients
  • BASE
  • 260g (1⅓ Cup) Granola (i used a gluten free, high protein low sugar granola)
  • 2 Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
  • 30ml Vanilla Protein Shake **
  • TOPPING
  • 70g (1/2 cup) cashews soaked overnight
  • 50ml Vanilla Protein Shake *
  • Juice ½ Lemon
  • 75g (1/2 cup) Blueberries
  • 35ml Kefir *
Instructions
  1. Line a small baking tray with baking paper
  2. Combine the granola and melted coconut oil and mix in a blender.
  3. Pour the base mixture into the tin.
  4. Place all the topping ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth and combined
  5. Pour over the base and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours to set
  6. Slice and Enjoy
  7. Keep stored in the freezer for up to a month
Notes
**you could add an extra table spoon of coconut oil instead of the shake
• if you don't have kefir or the protein shake sub with 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil and Tbsp maple syrup
Nutrition Information
Serving size: 1 Calories: 160 Fat: 11g Carbohydrates: 9g Protein: 5g

Enjoy xx

What's Your Reaction?
Amazing
0
Love It!
0
Not For Me
0
Pretty Cool
0
View Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Rate this recipe:  

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

© 2019 CLEAN LEAN BAKES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
MADE WITH 🖤 BY NEWCASTLE WEB DESIGN