Healthy Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal made with all gluten-free and vegan ingredients as well as being high in protein. A delicious breakfast recipe with no sugar added and minimal prep required!
So my pumpkin oat breakfast bars were such a hit and so damn good I just had to make an apple version! The base of the recipe is pretty similar with oats being the main ingredient except with this recipe I also added in buckwheat flour and apple puree instead of pumpkin.
I made these with the aim of having a few of them for breakfast- such an easy one to put in a container and have at your desk when you get to work. Because of this I wanted to make sure they had a good balance of carbs, fats and protein, therefore as well as the oats (carbs) I added in walnuts for some healthy fats and protein powder for extra protein.
Each bar contains 9g protein, 3g of fat and 18g Carbs, therefore if you have three that’s 27g Protein! Not only is this a great balanced breakfast its perfect post workout with being high in both carbs and protein!
Also did I mention you need only one bowl?! My favourite kind of recipes as you know! If you fancy watching a video recipe then check out my Instagram page where I’ll be uploading it… cleanleanbakes
Here it is…
- 200g (1 cup) unsweetened applesauce or homemade puree
- 250ml (1 cup) almond milk (or sub any non-dairy milk)
- 85g (1/3 cup) creamy nut or seed butter
- 60g (1/2 cup) buckwheat flour
- 2 scoops of protein powder- I used vanilla flavoured
- 135g (1½ cup) rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 70g (1/2 cup) chopped apple (any kind)
- Optional: handful chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease an 9x9 baking dish
- In a large bowl, mix together applesauce, nut butter, milk, flour, oats, baking powder and cinnamon then fold in apples and walnuts if using
- Add to baking dish and spread with a spatula so it is even across the dish
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until ready
- Slice into bars and enjoy!
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!