Healthy Blueberry Muffins should 100% be on your baking list. This bakery-style muffin recipe also happens to be gluten-free, nut-free and has no refined sugar. The perfect snack or even breakfast!
I have to say I often stay clear of making muffins as I find healthier versions of them just don’t often cut it. I’d be lying if I said this tasted exactly like your shop bought sugary muffin but it’s definitely as close as to one I’ve got when using both gluten free and refined sugar free ingredients.
These muffins have a soft fluffy cakey centre and the muffin top is perfectly golden brown and even a little crunchy on the edges. They are oozing with blueberries in each bite and I love that these blueberry muffins are not overly sweet either. As much as I have a bit of a sweet tooth I’m not one for very sugary treats.
You’ll need only 12 ingredients for these muffins a bowl and an oven! Super simple and easy as always! Each muffin is 140 calories, 16g Carbs and 4g Protein. It includes Vegan Subs.
Heres the recipe:
- 35g (1/3 cup) melted butter, slightly cooled
- 30g (1/3 cup) melted coconut oil, slightly cooled
- 100g (1/2 cup) stevia sugar
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 eggs (flax eggs should work too)
- ⅓ cup yogurt of choice (dairy or non-dairy!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla flavour drops
- 240ml (1 cup) almond milk (can use other milk alternative)
- 300g (3 cups) gluten-free oat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 160g (1.5 cups) blueberries (fresh or frozen – not thawed)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line a muffin tin with muffin liners
- Mix together the melted butter, oil, sugar, eggs, yogurt, vanilla and milk together until combined
- Add in the oat flour, baking powder and cinnamon and mix until completely combined then fold in the blueberries
- Divide batter between each muffin cup, filling all the way to the top
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden brown and centers are set.
- Allow muffins cool then enjoy!
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!