Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: think of a cross between cookie dough and chocolate mousse but in a healthy high protein and low sugar yummy dessert! Sounds like a winner right?!
This is probably the easiest dessert you could make. You need a food processor/ blender and less than 10 minutes! Perfect if your craving a little something sweet after your meal but want something fairly low in calories and sugar, as well as being high in protein. This is perfect for me as I’m always trying to ensure I get enough Protein in throughout the day in order to support my fitness lifestyle.
This is also a great little dessert that you can customise to your taste e.g. you could add in different flavour drops such as orange or mint. I added some sugar free Toffee flavour drops which taste delicious when combined with the chocolate flavour, but are of course optional if you don’t have these in the cupboard.
I also added whey protein to the recipe but if you are vegan you could add vegan protein powder instead. I just love a dessert recipe where you can take the core ingredients and then change it up a bit to suit your own taste.I topped my cookie dough with a bit of greek yoghurt, hazelnut spread and cacao nibs. But like with the rest of the recipe feel free to top with your favourite toppings. Banana, nuts and seeds work really well!
- 1 can chickpeas- drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp light syrup or maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp Pic’s Peanut Butter
- 1 Scoop (20g) chocolate protein powder
- 2 drops of toffee flavour sugar free drops (optional)
- In a food processor, combine all of the above ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, gradually adding water as you go until you reach the desired consistency.
- Place into the fridge to chill for a couple of hours before serving.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!